Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Little Moments

     In your occupations, try to possess your soul in peace. It is not a good plan to be in haste to perform any action that it may be sooner over. On the contrary, you should accustom yourself to do whatever you have to do with tranquility, in order that you may retain the position of yourself and of settled peace.
     Madame Guyon

     In life I learned most when I come face to face with choosing between the relevant from the irrelevant. It is true that I learn from others. But then, what others have gone through that makes them what they are, is much different from what I have been through. I may envy the eagle that teaches me about soaring high as something achievable; yet should I do what the eagle did when I am given another gift wherein I could be everything that I am?

     Lots of people are shouting at us, to do as they did that in the end we may be like them having achieved what they call as highest achievement of a human being; like having much money, visiting places, increasing assets and many others. Though it is tempting to live in comfort as a result of my effort; yet why drive myself to the edge just to possess these things, when all that matters to me is the shape of my soul and spirit and not my status? If others are in their highest awareness while doing these things then I let them be.

      As for me, the greatest achievement I would have made is being at peace and happy with every moment that is given to me. It does not mean I would stop giving my best in my work and in every responsibility that is given me. It only means living as I am, the real God-given me, is much effective for me and all the relationship I am involved with. I am not on the side of being harried in life in order to enjoy it much in the end. I am on the side of enjoying my life in these little moments, for in the end when these moments are all summed up I would have lived a happy and fulfilling life.
 
     Have a happy moment!
          Zel

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...