Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When The Going Gets Tough

"No one imagines that a symphony is supposed to improve in quality as it goes along, or that the whole object of playing it is to reach the finale. The point of music is discovered in every moment of playing and listening to it. It is the same, I feel, with the greater part of our lives, and if we are unduly absorbed in improving them we may forget altogether to live them." ---Allan Watts

The lizard brain according to Seth Godin is the resistance within the mind. It exposes itself when we already muster all our strength and be prepared for the big leap in achieving our goals. It then shouts to make us stop and think twice whether we continue or not. Sometimes it may even succeed in preventing us altogether.
I guess, this is what happened to me. When I look at the mirror in the morning the lizard is there. When I open my door the lizard is there. When I am in front of the monitor the lizard is there. I believe these are the unrecognized fears within me. And I now slowly feel the toughness of this game called life. It is so beautiful to dream. It is so fulfilling to imagine the attainment of my goals.
But as Allan Watts says, the point is not in the finale. The point is in living with it moment by moment. Ah, living.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...