Sunday, September 6, 2009

Even Weeds Do Grow In The Garden

     I was happy. We were having fun. Then a thought struck. I asked a question. I was answered indirectly and cut short. Everything went quiet as if nothing happened. But deep within me an anger slowly was being conceived until I could no longer contain it. Like a volcano my temper erupted. What started as a small issue, multiplied a hundredth shaking the milestone of a relationship.
     Marriage is a two-way street. If one is at a loss the other is suppose to hold him/her. Not taking care on one's part is nontheless unhealthy. Disagreement in a relationship is normal and healthy if both are to solve it positively.
     In my case, I became furious for just being shrugged off by the shoulders. I was on my way to happiness; yet failed to control my temper, uttered words and did things I regretted later. What was happening to me? I was supposed to be calmer, to be in control. I was supposed to be composed all the time. Then it struck me, why was I mumbling these things? I am creating a garden in my soul, yes, but even weeds do grow in the garden. In the garden of my heart I may want it to be clean always; yet I need to separate the weeds from the flower. I need to pull out what is not important and settle for what I have. Merely noticing and grumbling about the presence of the weed could not help.
     The same is true with the relationship I have with my husband. It would never be perfect because we are both imperfect people; but we can do something about it. If we just know how to listen to each other and both try to pull out the weed that does not belong there. Patching things up may not be that easy but that is just the way it is. If we choose to grow in our relationship and ourselves things would be a lot easier. 
     As for me, I discover that the way to happiness is not always filled with the "good" old me. I must accept that I, too, have to continually face the monster within me. I have to always expect weeds to grow in the garden of my soul and must be courageous enough to pull it out. Then after I shed the tears I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...