Monday, September 8, 2014

Life's Storm


     Sometimes it starts from droplets; then slowly comes heavier, and heavier, and heavier; until it pours heavily. Sometimes too, it just comes unexpectedly amidst a fairly beautiful weather. But oftentimes it starts with dark clouds, strong winds and large drops. Sometimes, it's expected. Sometimes it's not. Yes, I'm talking about rain and storm. This is the way how it comes. At times we are prepared. Other times we are not. 

     This is also the way how I describe depression. It's a time when the clouds cover the sky, cold winds kiss our skin and threaten our emotions that tomorrow might still be dark and bleak again. Sometimes in its strongest hit, we would lost everything: faith, hope, peace and sometimes love. Just like when there are storms, during depression we close our doors and windows. We keep them shut. We love to look outside through closed windows. We are left alone. We do not hear anything, except the tempests outside and our heavy breathing. Full of fears we cry. If tears would flow, we are lucky. In our devastation we thought this would be the end. If we are strong enough, there is nothing left to do than pray.

     Without our knowing the sun starts to shine. When we are through with the talking and grudging inside of us, we slowly hear the calmness outside. Holding our breath we slowly open the window, and take a peek at what's going on outside. We are relieved to know that the storm has passed; that everything returns to its usual business again.

      Actually, in depression the world is very much okay. It hardly notices our predicament. It does not know what we've been through. Sometimes, painfully it doesn't seem to care. But this is just how life comes naturally. If the world would be affected by every pain that we feel, what a topsy-turvy world we would have; for every human being has his own share of pain. Our all-knowing God prevents the world from knowing our pain that we would come only to Him for relief. When our loving God heals us from our temporary (yes, temporary. We would always experience pain in order for us to grow) pain and depression, we would come to the realization that, 'hey the world is alright. I thought it's some kind of a monster. I'm wrong.' 

     Depression is normal in my life. I've lived with it and have grown much stronger because of it. I consider it as stepping stone in my growth. I do not invite it to come in my life. But when it comes, my Heavenly Father always teach me different lessons when it goes. The last time it came, He was teaching me to love those who have repeatedly injure me--the hardest lesson I have to learn and is still learning so far. 

     Depression is just temporary as are storms and rain. But the lessons it bring is everlasting.

     Get Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...