Monday, August 1, 2011

Regina Brett's Fifty Life Lessons: The Twenty-Ninth Lesson

Image Credit

Lesson Number Twenty-Nine: What other people think of you is none of your business.

Would it matter much what others think of us? It seems to matter. Sadly, whatever we do, other people always find something wrong with us. We may struggle hard to please other people, yet in the end it is not worth a thing. So why live for other people? Let us live not minding how do we look at other people's eyes. As long as we know we are doing the right thing.  

It is inevitable that not all people have positive thoughts about us. The best thing we could do is focus on our strengths and on the purpose we live our dear lives for. 

Like what happened to me just recently. I got negative reactions for being spontaneous in showing my negative reaction to something not right that happened. For me, it is healthy to show what I feel, as long as I am directly pointing at the issue. Unfortunately, the result was not advantageous on my part. I was so frustrated and disappointed at what happened and even blamed myself for acting such, which lead me to self-pity and regrets. After thorough deliberation and prayers I was back on my feet again. It no longer matters to me who was right or wrong. The lesson I learned was -- I did the right thing of correcting someone who was not right. I could not change anybody. If someone hates to get corrected, it is no longer my problem. It is her choice. I could only change myself. I could only teach lessons to myself. The good thing is, from that incident one thing became clear to me -- I AM LIVING MY LIFE FOR MY FAMILY. Even if others may hate me, my family still accepts me and loves me as I am. I realized, what others think of me is none of my business! My sole business in this beautiful world is to do everything I can for the people I love and lived for. 

Get happy!
Do you have any experiences similar to mine? Please leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...