Thursday, July 21, 2011

Regina Brett's Fifty Life Lessons: The Twenty-First Lesson


Image Credit

Lesson Number Twenty-One: Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.  Don't save it for a special occasion.  Today is special.

'Today is special'. Everyday is special. 

When we were young back then, our mother used to set aside expensive plates, glasses and kitchen utensils for special occasions. We couldn't help but just stare at those nice things inside the cabinet wondering when would we be able to use those things. How wonderful would it be to eat on such fancy plates and drink in that fancy glasses. The most frustrating thing was that, we never get to use them. Because when those special occasions came, it were the guests who were allowed to use those things and not us. Till now, I'm still wondering how would those fancy utensils feel in my dainty hands.

Now that I have my own family and live in my own home, I also have those 'special things' for 'special occasions'. The only difference I have with my mother is that, from time to time I would allow my family to use those special stuffs in our dinner table. I don't care if my kids would break one or two. I don't care if my husband would break one too. I don't care if I would break some too. What matters much is that, my family could use my special stuffs because they are also special. We are special. And everyday is special.

In my home, nothing is so special as to save it for special occasions. Because I and my husband always see to it that we could get the best even if it could never be the best in the market; as long as it is the best that we could afford. And whatever it is we consider best, we use it in our home. 
It always boosts our happiness and contentment when we know we are using what we consider special. So go on, use that special stuff and feel special everyday.

Get happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...