Friday, April 15, 2011

A Soulful Poem

Photo Credit
     When I was in college I bumped into this soulful poem, which I've forgotten eventually. Almost twenty years after, I bumped into this again. It is my pleasure to share this with you. You may have read this before, but I know reading it again will refresh the feelings of happiness and bliss that this poem brings.

Heaven's Grocery Store


As I was walking down life's highway 
many years ago
 I came upon a sign that read
Heaven's Grocery Store

When I got a little closer
the door swung open wide
And when I came to myself
I was standing inside.


I saw a host of Angels.
They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket
And said "my child shop with care".


Everything a human needed
was in that grocery store.
And what you could not carry
You could come back for more


First I got some PATIENCE,
LOVE was in that same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, 
You need that everywhere you go.


I got a box or two of WISDOM
And FAITH a bag or two.
And CHARITY of course
I would need some of that, too.


I couldn't miss the HOLY SPIRIT
It was all over the place.
And then some STRENGTH and COURAGE 
To help me run the race.


My basket was getting full
But I remembered I needed GRACE.
 And then I choose SALVATION for
SALVATION was for free.


I tried to get enough of that
To do for you and me.

Then I started to the counter
To pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything
To do the Master's Will.

As I went up the aisle 
I saw PRAYER and put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside
I would run into Sin.

PEACE and JOY were plentiful, 
The last things in the shelf.
SONGS and PRAISE were hanging near
So I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel
"Now how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I asked, "Really now, how much do I owe?"

"My child" he said, "God paid your bill a long, long time ago."

         Get Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...