Monday, April 19, 2010

My Neighbor's Idle Yard

     I have a neighbor who is a widower. And he takes not proper care of his idle yard. We often would say, what a waste. He could plant vegetables in his yard to make it useful and be look tidy.
     During rainy days my neighbor's idle yard  always gets attention; for it is in these days that the grasses grow taller. And we see almost all variety of grasses. We could only look at the yard while shaking our heads saying, what a waste, what a waste. For we could clearly see in our minds the healthy vegetables and blooming flowers had our neighbor that industrious.
     A day after a heavy rainfall, I happened to glance at my neighbor's grassy yard because of the noises I heard. To my amazement, two kinds of flocks of birds were busy picking at the grasses' seeds. They kept on chirping and hopping from grass to grass, as if they found a gold mine. They seemed to be happy and excited.
     At the other side of the yard, I also saw many tiny butterflies chasing each other over the grasses as if playing and looking for food at the same time. What life! I was lost for words with what I saw. I just allowed myself to be carried away by the sight.
     For a long time, I was again reminded of nature's beauty and the wonder of life. God always make something good of what we consider as useless and unimportant.
     From then on my neighbor's idle land was no longer an ugly sight for us. And we always look forward to the time when the birds and butterflies would return to my neighbor's yard and give us the pleasure of enjoying such little beautiful moments with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also love to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...